Update to UPM 2.5 failed

Alexander Afonyashin August 9, 2012

Hello.

I tried to update UPM to the latest version from 'Manage my plugins' but failed with error 'An unexpected error occurred. Please refer to the logs for more information.' I found nothing in catalina.out log file.

Manual update replacing atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-2.0.6.jar by atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-2.5.jar in /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/bundled-plugins/ directory failed too - UPM 2.0.6 still loads after restart.

What could be done to solve the problem?

Best regards,

Alexander Afonyashin

2 answers

2 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Hi Alexander,

Updating plugins be inserting them into the bundled-plugins directory no longer works as a means to bypass the UPM, however I believe that if you follow the instructions in this document you will be able to upgrade your UPM: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Upgrading+the+Universal+Plugin+Manager#UpgradingtheUniversalPluginManager-AlternativewaysofupgradingtheUPM

All the best,
John

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Try checking the <confluence-home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log instead for more info. Perhaps, you can also refer to the suggestions in this Answers thread and see if it helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events