Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update from 5.2.3 to 5.7.1

Björn Eitmann March 26, 2015

Hi *

I want to update confluence from 5.2.3 to 5.7.X.

But i just want to set up a new system for 5.7.X

Is it possible to import the data from the 5.2.3 to the new system? And how to do that?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2015

Hi Bjorn, 

Basically, what you need to do is:

1 - Before jumping to the standard procedures from a upgrade, we suggest the users to [check the plugin compatibility with the next versions|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Checking+Add-on+Compatibility+with+Application+Updates] to avoid further issues. Having that in mind, we can start the upgrade process by following the standard procedures: 

2 -  Extract the zip/tar.gz file of the latest version of Confluence on the place you choose. ( I highly suggest that you create a folder call: Confluence 'new version') and inside of this folder extract the install folder.

3 -  Into the extracted folder, open the file confluence-init.properties, which is located at Confluence install directory\confluence\web-inf\classes and edit the line: confluence.home=/usr/local/confluence/home to point to the path where is your old home folder of your *Confluence current version*.

4 -  Now start Confluence through your new installation folder

P.S1: Also bear in mind that content like external plugins installed would need to be re-installed, since this information is stored inside the database and other related content could be need to first be tracked inside the DB too.

P.S2: Always have a backup from your database and Confluence home before upgrade and try this first into a staging environment.

Also, have a look into this documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence

Hope it helps.

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2015

Bjorn, yes it is. I suggest you to take a look on our Migrating Confluence Between Servers documentation in order to achieve that. Let us know in case you have any questions.

Cheers!

L.F

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events