Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unread indicator in Workbox is bizarre

Victor Gleim June 24, 2015

Confluence marks all seen notifications as read once you open Workbox. Is it something looking strange for just me? In apps, it's normal to mark a notification as read once it was opened, not seen. What's the point here?

3 answers

1 vote
Gail Welch March 7, 2018

I would like to reiterate this question - when using 6.7 server version of confluence, on opening the Workbox, unread notifications show with a yellow highlight, but as soon as you read one notification or close the Workbox ALL the yellow highlights disappear, leaving the user with no idea which notifications are unread. This is causing a lot of complaints from our user community. Is there any way to change this - notifications should remain highlighted as unread until they are read.

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 8.53.31 AM.png

Andrej Freeze _ greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2019

Hey @Gail Welch ,

have you been able to solve this matter? I have noticed that this behaviour still persists and cannot believe, that is has been persistant for several years now.

Cheers,

Andrej

1 vote
Victor Gleim June 25, 2015

Adrien, I think you didn't get my question right. I don't care how the icon looks like. I trying to understand the login behind the read/unread flag.

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

It's quite hard to *not* make it look like glasses or like a bra. One pixel more, one less, and icons look all different. Most people still get the meaning, which is a desktop box for inmail. What do you see?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events