Understanding search function

Hi everybody!

We're on Confluence 6 now and still have problems with finding our Content. 

For example, we have a page titled "OEB". When I enter that to the search bar, the page is suggested, I can click it and everything is fine. But when I hit enter instead, the list of search results shows only pages hat have the text "OEB" inside its content, but not the page titled "OEB". Is that a bug? Am I missing something?

1 answer

Hi,

As a test I've searched for 3 different pages using the method you outlined, and the pages with the matching page title came back 2 out of 3 times.  The one page that didn't come back had an attachment with an identical title, and that was returned, but the page it was on wasn't in the search results even though it had the same title.

Does your search return an attachment called "OEB"?

Interesting! I just checked, neither the page with the "OEB" title nor the page with "OEB" content have any attachments :o

I can't find any reason in the documentation or FAQs about why this would happen.

I think you might have found a bug!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,943 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you