Unable to start confluence

Michael Spears November 20, 2019

Hello,

I'm getting the following error after moving my Confluence database to a new server:

could not extract ResultSet; SQL [n/a]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not extract ResultSet

How would I be able to fix this?

3 answers

0 votes
Michael Spears November 20, 2019

Ended up being a matter of the db import not going through properly... all fixed now.

Samu Hynynen November 21, 2019

Good to hear everything went down OK. Did you manage to find out what went wrong with the import?

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2019

Hi,

I assume the new database server is the exact same version & has the exact same access control as the old server. Can you access the new database server & confluence database using the credentials configured in Confluence? 

Best

JP

0 votes
Samu Hynynen November 20, 2019

Sounds like you're facing a collation or character set issue with the new database. You should read this trough:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-fix-the-collation-and-character-set-of-a-mysql-database-670958160.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events