Unable to select text for copy from a published code block macro

Jon Kovalik January 23, 2023

I'm running on Confluence DC 7.19.3 and published a page with a code block using the code block macro.  While in a published state, I am unable to select text in the code block to copy and paste (ie to a terminal).   The block essentially appears to be an image that doesn't allow selecting of any text.  My workaround is to edit the page and select the code, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

I know this is possible as another instance for which I do not administer, can perform this functionality.  Is there a configuration setting to change this behavior?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

Hi @Jon Kovalik ,

Not quite sure if this is something than can be configured in any way. Seems more like a bug than a feature. Are you able to reproduce this on a different browsers? Is someone else also having this problem? Does is relate to specific page or code that you paste? 

Jon Kovalik January 27, 2023

This occurs in multiple browsers (seems to be unique to our instance of confluence).  Are users are seeing the same behavior and it occurs for any instance of using a code block macro.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2023

Do you see any errors in the browser "Developer tools" when you load a page that contains Code Block macro?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/generating-har-files-and-analyzing-web-requests-720420612.html

Basically we would have to analyze web requests and make sure that page is fully loading correctly without any errors... 

If you find anything suspicious please share - it might lead us towards resolution

Jon Kovalik January 27, 2023

No errors being reported, but 56 warnings that are mostly tagged with DEPRECATED.  I'll take a look through the details, but nothing obvious.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events