Unable to log in

Hi, i'm unable to log in any more into my confluence.

I tried to create a new user but it didn't work as i noticed that is connected to our jira. So i created the user there. After that i tried to resync the users, but it didn't work as the ip was not correct. After fixing this, i can not log in any more.

I've already tried the troubleshooting (disabled remote JIRA directory via database, added new user, changed directory order) but nothing works.

I just see in the JIRA access log the api call with a 401 response. Even if confluence should use only the local directory.

Does anyone have a idea?

3 answers

Generally it is not a good idea to keep creating new users for yourself as that may use up your user-count for your licence forcing you to a higher cost licence

Logins generally fail when people copy/paste with extra spaces etc in their username or password.

Consider clicking "Remember Me" next time you successfully login

In the mean time perhaps contact your system administrator if you have access to a forgot username/password facility

I am the Administrator, and i've created the account for an employee who should document some stuff.

Its not space problem, i'm using lastpass und i've tried also a plain admin/admin account.

It seems that confluence is still trying to use the JIRA user directory, even i've disabled it (maybe not completley).

I've found out that my confluence is not using the mysql database, so i had to disable the crow directory in the hsqldb, not its working.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

778 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you