Unable to log in

Alexander Adam August 30, 2016

Hi, i'm unable to log in any more into my confluence.

I tried to create a new user but it didn't work as i noticed that is connected to our jira. So i created the user there. After that i tried to resync the users, but it didn't work as the ip was not correct. After fixing this, i can not log in any more.

I've already tried the troubleshooting (disabled remote JIRA directory via database, added new user, changed directory order) but nothing works.

I just see in the JIRA access log the api call with a 401 response. Even if confluence should use only the local directory.

Does anyone have a idea?

3 answers

1 vote
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2016

Generally it is not a good idea to keep creating new users for yourself as that may use up your user-count for your licence forcing you to a higher cost licence

Logins generally fail when people copy/paste with extra spaces etc in their username or password.

Consider clicking "Remember Me" next time you successfully login

In the mean time perhaps contact your system administrator if you have access to a forgot username/password facility

0 votes
Alexander Adam August 31, 2016

I've found out that my confluence is not using the mysql database, so i had to disable the crow directory in the hsqldb, not its working.

0 votes
Alexander Adam August 30, 2016

I am the Administrator, and i've created the account for an employee who should document some stuff.

Its not space problem, i'm using lastpass und i've tried also a plain admin/admin account.

It seems that confluence is still trying to use the JIRA user directory, even i've disabled it (maybe not completley).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events