Unable to integrate with Google calendar

Max Stolyarov December 31, 2017

Hello,

I am trying to integrate my existing google calendar using google calendar plugin in Confluence. Unfortunately, it does not show up on any of the pages. I copied private iCal url from google calendar settings, entered it in URL field prompted by google calendar plugin, but when i refresh in preview window the screen is blank. I don't get an error, as if I would enter a wrong url, I don't get anything; preview window is blank and calendar does not appear on the page when i added. Can someone please help me get this done. Thanks

Max

2 answers

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Max,

I found your duplicate question that confirms you're using Confluence 6.5.1.

I believe that you are indeed using the calendar add-on I linked to, so I tested this with a private Google Calendar of my own on Confluence 6.5.1.

I used the "Secret Address" listed in Google as my URL.

I can confirm the calendar does indeed load, but only if I am already logged into Google under my account. If I open an Incognito Tab and make sure I am not logged into my account, then the page is blank.

Can you ensure you're already logged into Google and then see if you are able to view the calendar? Only users logged into your Google Calendar will be able to see the calendar since you aren't sharing it with the public.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Hi Max,

Can you confirm, is this the add-on you're using? 

Google Calendar for Confluence

Please also let us know the Confluence version and add-on version that you have installed.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events