Unable to import space or site (Forbidden 403 error in POST)

Thiago Brito July 28, 2015

We are migrating our Confluence On Site Server v5.6.4 to Confluence On Cloud.
First I tried to do each step showed in the link https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ConfCloud/Migrate+from+Confluence+Server+to+Cloud but without success. The page freezes for a while and without answer.

Doing some analysis I can see that it's made a POST that is forbidden and nothing happens. As an attachament we have one screenshot with the error.

I also tried to Export/Import only a single space and the same thing happens.

I have all the access necessary in order to import/export the space or site (or else I can't see this options) and I really don't known what else to do.

confluence_space_import_failure.png

1 answer

2 votes
lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2015

Hey Thiago,

Usually for that kind of problem you should raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com as the application logs (and a more detailed error) are hosted on the atlassian cloud side.

However before doing that can you upgrade your confluence (on a staging environment) to version 5.7 or latest and then generating the export again?

information Always backup your instance before upgrading

Atlassian made a internal migration on the location where the attachments are (moved from attachments table to content) and as far as I'm aware that does break the import process as your version uses the previous table setup.

If after that the issue persists then raise the ticket at the above atlassian site I've mentioned so a cloud engineer will be able to assist you on narrowing down why the import is failing

Thanks and Regards,

Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events