Unable to add attachments via Drag and Drop

John Alton June 5, 2013
We're unable to add attachments to a page via drag and drop functionality. Confluence version 4.1.2 Platforms (doesn't work on either): Mac, PC Browsers (doesn't work in any): Mac - Chrome (v28 beta) - Safari (v6.0.4) - Firefox (v21) PC - IE9 - (more to come from associate on PC)

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Alton June 12, 2013

Issue seems to have died on the vine here, so submitting a support ticket.

Thanks, @matthew cobby, for suggestions.

John

0 votes
Catherine Lee May 8, 2015

We are also on a 4.X.X version and the drag-and-drop doesn't work. Has anyone found a solution for this?

0 votes
John Alton June 6, 2013

the other PCs being used:

• IE10
  • Chrome v27 (stable)
  • Firefox (latest public)
0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

I guess first make sure it hasn't been disabled?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF41/Disabling+Drag-and-Drop

and from the doco...

Confluence's drag-and-drop feature relies on your browser's support for the drag-and-drop functionality of HTML5.

Some browsers, such as Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 3.5 and Safari 4 do not support the drag-and-drop functionality of HTML5. For these browsers, Confluence will attempt to use the drag-and-drop functionality provided by Google Gears.

Strange because most, if not all of those browsers should work.

I'd say it's either disabled on the server or there's something wrong on the test machines?

John Alton June 6, 2013

Thanks for this, Matthew. I checked and confirmed the drag and drop addon is enabled, and all 8 components are enabled, too.

We're using 2 different machines (one PC, one Mac) and neither work. I'll try on a few others just to confirm it's not local to our configs.

Thanks again for providing these things to check.

John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events