Unable to add attachments via Drag and Drop

We're unable to add attachments to a page via drag and drop functionality. Confluence version 4.1.2 Platforms (doesn't work on either): Mac, PC Browsers (doesn't work in any): Mac - Chrome (v28 beta) - Safari (v6.0.4) - Firefox (v21) PC - IE9 - (more to come from associate on PC)

4 answers

1 accepted

Issue seems to have died on the vine here, so submitting a support ticket.

Thanks, @matthew cobby, for suggestions.

John

I guess first make sure it hasn't been disabled?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF41/Disabling+Drag-and-Drop

and from the doco...

Confluence's drag-and-drop feature relies on your browser's support for the drag-and-drop functionality of HTML5.

Some browsers, such as Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 3.5 and Safari 4 do not support the drag-and-drop functionality of HTML5. For these browsers, Confluence will attempt to use the drag-and-drop functionality provided by Google Gears.

Strange because most, if not all of those browsers should work.

I'd say it's either disabled on the server or there's something wrong on the test machines?

Thanks for this, Matthew. I checked and confirmed the drag and drop addon is enabled, and all 8 components are enabled, too.

We're using 2 different machines (one PC, one Mac) and neither work. I'll try on a few others just to confirm it's not local to our configs.

Thanks again for providing these things to check.

John

the other PCs being used:

• IE10
  • Chrome v27 (stable)
  • Firefox (latest public)

We are also on a 4.X.X version and the drag-and-drop doesn't work. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

416 views 18 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you