Tracking Page Views and Link Opens

Krista_McGruder April 14, 2020

I am having a really hard time getting to an easy answer for how to track page views in Confluence. I can't download anything. Company policy. Surely, there is a built-in tool that does not need admin rights to install? Believe me: our admin rights Help Desk is a multi-hour wait if you can even get past the full voicemail. Tracking page views should be easy...it's a thing that even the most rudimentary SharePoint site can do...

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2020

Hi @Krista_McGruder 

In short: Confluence Server doesn't support tracking the page views out of the box.

For Confluence server, there is a free app on the marketplace: 

We didn't install it, because it could affect the performance when you save data every time someone loads a page.

Regards, Dominic

Krista_McGruder April 14, 2020

Hi, but how to I get this thing you are linking to on my page to use?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2020

Hello Krista,

In order to install add-ons from Marketplace, you will need to ask your site admin to approve it and install it for you.

To clarify, add-ons provide additional functionality on top of Confluence's base features. They are created by 3rd-party developers and then listed on Marketplace for sale. Many of these add-ons offer free trials, giving you time to test the add-on before committing to buy it.

I hope that clarifies things, but do let me know if you have any trouble!

Shannon

Like Darline Auguste likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2020

If your use case is more oriented around full analytics, then the Analytics for Confluence should help.

If you are more interested in finding those pages that no-one visits, and clean those up to reduce the clutter, then it is the Better Content Archiving app.

Krista_McGruder April 21, 2020

Thanks for responding but how would I get this thing? Where is in in the tools I have on in my version?

Best,

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2020

These are Confluence apps that your Confluence admin can install to your instance.

Krista_McGruder April 21, 2020

Ok, thanks I will ask but my experience is that our firm does not allow any installs without significant testing and delay. I also don't know if my version will allow it but will ask. Seems odd that this feature is not built in standard but ok. 

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2020

If you can't solve the use case with built-in features, but there are apps for it, then you either use an app (even with a delay) or leave the use case unsolved, I'm afraid.

I'm not worried about version incompatibility, because the Better Content Archiving apps have been developed since 2008, so it supports all Confluence versions released in the last 12 years.

See: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/123/better-content-archiving-for-confluence/version-history

Like Shannon S likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events