To embed a Cumulative flow diagram from JIRA into a confluence page

Hi,

I have a cumulative flow diagram which i have created to generate some metrics for bugs in JIRA. I now want to use this filter/diagram (as a chart) and embed it into a confluence page where i use it as a report. The idea is to keep it up to date (Keep refreshing). i tried few things but couldnt see the chart. Can some one in this group please help me? I refered to some sections and help pages but couldnt find it. May be i am looking at wrong places.

Appreciate your help as i need this at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance, Dinesh

8 answers

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Oct 09, 2014

Can you answer a few questions? Is it a <iframe> code? (like youtube? <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uhWCMlcY_Zw"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>) Is it a javascript snippet? (like twitter? <a class="twitter-timeline" href="https://twitter.com/redacted/lists/ploy"; data-widget-id="redacted132413423">Tweets from https://twitter.com/redacted/lists/ploy</a>; <script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)...) How are you trying to embed it so far?

I just want to see the Cumulative chart as a latest/updated image (in this case bug stats) on a confluence page. I didnt exactly understand the second part of your message, Sorry for my poor understanding skills!

0 vote

Oh I see, I had misunderstood. Let me write up an answer.

0 vote

You need to add the JIRA gadgets to Confluence, and then you can embed them in pages easily.  

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+JIRA+Gadgets+to+a+Confluence+Page

• Make sure the applications are linked via the Application Link plugin
  • Add the gadgets to confluence Authorized Gadgets list
  • Embed the macro in a page

Thanks Steven. I see these JIRA gadgets already but that doesnt help me unfortunately. See attached screenshot, its a cumulative diagram showing the trends of overall bugs over a period of time. I want to link or use this chart to be shown in a confluence page and dont find a way.

I see under Insert - Other Macros - External Content : a lot of items related to agile burn down charts, JIRA issues etc. but nothing like an option to use cumulative diagram as shown below

Hope this makes my request much clear now

Thanks, DineshScreenHunter_10.jpg

0 vote

Yeah, can't you find it in the macro browser? 

image2014-10-9 15:36:1.png

Nope. I dont see that. Not sure what am i missing

ScreenHunter_05 Oct. 10 07.43.jpg

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Oct 10, 2014

What did you add in the External Gadgets menu in Confluence? Can you show or tell me?

image2014-10-10 12:45:16.png

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,932 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you