To embed a Cumulative flow diagram from JIRA into a confluence page

Dinesh October 9, 2014

Hi,

I have a cumulative flow diagram which i have created to generate some metrics for bugs in JIRA. I now want to use this filter/diagram (as a chart) and embed it into a confluence page where i use it as a report. The idea is to keep it up to date (Keep refreshing). i tried few things but couldnt see the chart. Can some one in this group please help me? I refered to some sections and help pages but couldnt find it. May be i am looking at wrong places.

Appreciate your help as i need this at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance, Dinesh

8 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2014

What did you add in the External Gadgets menu in Confluence? Can you show or tell me?

image2014-10-10 12:45:16.png

0 votes
Dinesh October 9, 2014

Nope. I dont see that. Not sure what am i missing

ScreenHunter_05 Oct. 10 07.43.jpg

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2014

Yeah, can't you find it in the macro browser? 

image2014-10-9 15:36:1.png

0 votes
Dinesh October 9, 2014

Thanks Steven. I see these JIRA gadgets already but that doesnt help me unfortunately. See attached screenshot, its a cumulative diagram showing the trends of overall bugs over a period of time. I want to link or use this chart to be shown in a confluence page and dont find a way.

I see under Insert - Other Macros - External Content : a lot of items related to agile burn down charts, JIRA issues etc. but nothing like an option to use cumulative diagram as shown below

Hope this makes my request much clear now

Thanks, DineshScreenHunter_10.jpg

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2014

You need to add the JIRA gadgets to Confluence, and then you can embed them in pages easily.  

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+JIRA+Gadgets+to+a+Confluence+Page

• Make sure the applications are linked via the Application Link plugin
  • Add the gadgets to confluence Authorized Gadgets list
  • Embed the macro in a page

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2014

Oh I see, I had misunderstood. Let me write up an answer.

0 votes
Dinesh October 9, 2014

I just want to see the Cumulative chart as a latest/updated image (in this case bug stats) on a confluence page. I didnt exactly understand the second part of your message, Sorry for my poor understanding skills!

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2014

Can you answer a few questions? Is it a <iframe> code? (like youtube? <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uhWCMlcY_Zw"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>) Is it a javascript snippet? (like twitter? <a class="twitter-timeline" href="https://twitter.com/redacted/lists/ploy"; data-widget-id="redacted132413423">Tweets from https://twitter.com/redacted/lists/ploy</a>; <script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)...) How are you trying to embed it so far?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events