Title Conflicts when uploading word document

Hi there

I uploaded several word document in my space for documentation; the problem is that all documents are practicaly with the same structure; i.e. "Introduction, Glossary" etc...... The issue is that I end up with pages with Glossary1, as a page already exist, but how can I amend that as it is not in the same document uploaded. When Uploading you have only the choice of replacing, removing or rename for the Title.

Thank you for your reply

Many Thanks

K.

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi K.Man,

in my eyes it doesn't make sense to use the wiki in the way, you decribe. A glossary in each single document (file) was useless before and will be in future. If there is a glossary in wiki, it should be a common one for all documentation in the same space.

Thinking in "files" was a restriction coming from computer handling conventions which are no longer necessary.

How many places to attend information do you really want to have? Less is more and it will accelerate your work tremendously.

I am afraid the best practice for now is to rename the page. The expected behaviour in Confluence, the title of the page can't be similar on the same space, as it would conflict on the page URL address. There has been a feature request regarding this however it was closed as Won't Fix.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Color tables for a shiny Confluence page

...; ## Developed by: Alana Fernando ## Shared with love ## @param style:title=style type|type=enum|required=true|desc=Choose a style.|enumValues=Style1,Style2,Style3,Style4,Style5 ## @param alignment:title...

287 views 14 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you