Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Conflicts when uploading word document

Karim CHEKLIT February 4, 2013

Hi there

I uploaded several word document in my space for documentation; the problem is that all documents are practicaly with the same structure; i.e. "Introduction, Glossary" etc...... The issue is that I end up with pages with Glossary1, as a page already exist, but how can I amend that as it is not in the same document uploaded. When Uploading you have only the choice of replacing, removing or rename for the Title.

Thank you for your reply

Many Thanks

K.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anselmo February 5, 2013

Hi K.Man,

in my eyes it doesn't make sense to use the wiki in the way, you decribe. A glossary in each single document (file) was useless before and will be in future. If there is a glossary in wiki, it should be a common one for all documentation in the same space.

Thinking in "files" was a restriction coming from computer handling conventions which are no longer necessary.

How many places to attend information do you really want to have? Less is more and it will accelerate your work tremendously.

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

I am afraid the best practice for now is to rename the page. The expected behaviour in Confluence, the title of the page can't be similar on the same space, as it would conflict on the page URL address. There has been a feature request regarding this however it was closed as Won't Fix.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events