The Audit Log capacity error message

Ben Radlinski January 25, 2021

Updated Confluence Server from 7.4 to 7.10 this weekend and the process went fine however the Audit log did some serious auditing during the update and filled the audit log. I lowered the retention period to 6 months down from infinity, as instructed in this technote but the error is still showing in the server health page. Is there a way to purge more of the audit messages?

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi! 

set short retention period :)  ? 

Naveen kumar June 2, 2021

Hi @Ben Radlinski did the issue got resolved 

Hi @Gonchik Tsymzhitov we tried setting the retention period to less years but we are loosing a lot of data , should we have to take a backup in db or any separate file will be existing in server side to take a backup or how can i proceed further please help .

Ben Radlinski June 2, 2021

I'm checking my notes and I believe it finally cleared itself out and stopped producing the error 2-3 days after I set the retention period to 6 months.

HI @Ben Radlinski can you confirm how you have taken backup , so that i can try the same method 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events