Table headings with Insert Jira Issue

Gonzalez_ Maria May 6, 2022

I am looking to display a list of JIRA issues on a Confluence page that I have created and would like to use Insert Jira Issues using the table format.  I would like however to change one of the table headings to display something more user friendly than "CustomField1" for example.

I have attempted a couple of workarounds but unfortunately have not been able to find a way.

Is there a workaround available that someone is using effectively?

Thanks in advance for assistance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

Hi @Gonzalez_ Maria 

Can you clarify what you mean by change the table headings to something more friendly?

The Jira Issues macro will display a search filter in Confluence - the table's columns are then based on field names. So whatever each field's name is should be what is used here.

Is this what is happening in your instance? If yes, what are you looking to have instead?

Ste

Gonzalez_ Maria May 8, 2022

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

I happen to be using a reserved field named "CustomField1" which I would like to be able to change in my display only to 'Weekly Summary' instead. 

As you state, the table columns are based on the field names so in this case, I am stuck with the "CustomField1" label unless there is a way to change it when displayed.  I was hoping there was an easy way to change it?

Thanks in advance!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Gonzalez_ Maria 

Just confirming CustomField1 has a name, and it's not actually showing as the Field ID? It should show whatever the field's name is in Jira.

It's not possibly to modify the field's name unless you change it in Jira. Aside from some extremely manual alternatives - you might need to look for an App that can extend the power of tables in Confluence to allow for this.

Check out Apps such as Table Filter and Charts for Confluence , or similar Apps from the Marketplace.

Ste

0 votes
Gonzalez_ Maria May 9, 2022

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ - the actual field name is "CustomField1" which is obviously not very user friendly and I am unable to have the JIRA admin change it.

I'll take a look at the app you suggest but I don't believe we have that available internally.

Thank you for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events