Stop Confluence from adding extra space to beginning of each table cell

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2018

Confluence has the annoying "feature" in that an extra leading space is added to each table cell when I click into it. I end up having to go in and edit the page repeatedly to line up my cells.  How can this be turned off?  I am using Edge and IE11 browsers both exhibit same effect.     

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steve Shaw
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

As discussed in the ticket you opened, while we verified that the bug exists in the version of Confluence that you are using (5.10.8), which is soon approaching End of Life, the bug doesn't exist in 6.x versions of Confluence.  Considering this, we'd recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of Confluence.

Josh Barron August 28, 2022

This is happening to me and I'm running the Cloud version of Confluence.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2018

Looks like this was an old issue that has since been "resolved"

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-11508

What version of Confluence are currently running?

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2018

Atlassian Confluence 5.10.8

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2018

looks like the bug is back, but unlike the link you sent my extra spaces are saved

Like Angie Smith likes this
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2018

I would suggest contacting support for this:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2018

Thanks will do!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events