Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Spaces not showing up in searching "IN SPACE"

Hey there.

when we search normally using the search bar in Confluence and then trying to filter the search on a specific Space using the IN SPACE filter on the left side, it always shows No matches found.

I can see all Spaces in the Space Directory.

I already tried a Re-Indexing in Confluence and even a Re-Index from Scratch following this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-rebuild-the-content-indexes-from-scratch-on-confluence-server-110035351.html

But the issue persists.

Here are two screenshots showing the behavior. I have a Space called Angular. When I try to filter on it in the search it won't find the Space. Happens with all Spaces.

confl 1.png

confl 2.png

We updated Confluence a month ago, but I don't know if this issue occured before.

Confluence Server Version: 7.12.1

Thank you for any help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Turns out I just had to enable "Quick Search" under "Further Configuration" in the Settings.

Thanks for sharing the solution

Hello @Ju ,

unfortunately, I can't solve or recreate your problem either. But maybe you are interested in an alternative, more powerful search solution for Confluence. Here you can find more information: iFinder Confluence Search and iFinder Search Macro.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

173 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you