Spaces not appearing in Space Directory

Anthony Loh December 7, 2017

Hello,

I have created a bunch of spaces and content, but when my users log in they do not see any spaces in the Space Directory when they log in. They can browse to spaces and view all the content within them, so I believe the space permissions are correct. Additionally, searching, "Recently updated" and "Content by label" show them no results.

This doesn't seem to affect administrators, because everything works if I add the user to the admin group.

I thought it must be a content index problem so I have followed the steps to rebuild the content index and ancestor table but this hasn't changed anything.

Is there anything else I should be trying?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anthony Loh January 5, 2018

This turned out to be something wrong with syncing the AD group "confluence-users" with the internal "confluence-users" group. Deleting the AD connector and creating a new one fixed the problem.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

Thank you for the update! I've accepted your answer as correct in case other users have the same issue.

Regards,

Shannon

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

Hi Anthony,

In addition to rebuilding the content index, have you also done this: 

This is a step further from the reindexing within Confluence.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

Yes, I've tried rebuilding the indexes from scratch too.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2017

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for confirming.

In the database, when you run

SELECT * FROM spaces;

Are there any of the missing spaces that are not listed as CURRENT under spacestatus? 

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

No, all the spaces show CURRENT in spacestatus.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2017

Thank you for checking, Anthony.

I've created a support ticket for you so our support team can help you with this issue.

Kind regards,
Shannon

Srinivasa Pidathala March 23, 2022

Hello Guys, 

Greetings of the day!

Even we have faced the same behavior and we couldn't see any space in the space directory even for Sys.Admin. We have turn on the Safe Mode and enabled plugin one by one and validated any plugin is causing this issue or not. finally found that "Download Attachments" plugin which is causing the issue, which is installed and no longer in use. Same has been disable post that Able to see the Spaces in Space Directory. Just check if you fall under the same behavior. Please accept the answer if it helps . 

Thanks. 

Srinivasa

Yun Wu January 21, 2024

Rebuild the content index worked for me.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events