Space admins requesting login to change permissions

Stacy Haller August 9, 2022

Hello -

We've recently had an influx of questions where a space admin is trying to update permissions on the space they admin and Confluence pops up the login box for them.

As a Confluence admin, we have always had this, but our users have not had to authenticate.

We are using SSO behind PING and we are on version 7.14.4.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

User states that this pops up after selecting "Edit Permissions" on the space user is admin of.  The user tried to enter their Windows password because the forget their Confluence password (since we're using SSO).

Con login.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2022

Yes, I have seen the same thing. Apparently the admin login is not working with SSO (probably for security reasons?). But 100% to be expected. Users have to remember their passwords. ;-)

Stacy Haller August 11, 2022

We're getting complaints because when we set up SSO, we said it would eliminate the need for users to remember the Atlassian passwords that are different than their "normal" password.  =(

I know I remember mine from logging in every 5 minutes or so.  =)

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2022

Just tell them "security" ;-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events