Space KEY urls: why sometimes the key is not visible?

in my Confluence most of the space URLs come with a KEY in it, as I suppose is normal. For instance : http://confluence/display/<strong< a="">>HELP/Help+Home

however, in some occasions the URLs are in the format http://confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8945800

How can I make sure that I show URLS always in the format /display/KEY/ and not in the viewpage.action?

thanks for the help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Don't use special characters in page names - that's the main culprit for Confluence reverting to using the page ID

hello, thanks, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I removed the potential special characters (I saw one case only with a - ) but the pages are still shwn with a PageID...

Any other potential culprit?

I'm sure there are others, but I don't know what they might be - I've only ever run into the special characters thing (and a plugin as well, not sure which one - if you used a macro from it on a page, it would always use the page id. Think it was a bug). It might be that the special character in the historical name of the page is enough too, but I'm guessing there.

Cool, thanks Nic, I will check this 2 other possible scenarios and see what could be the going on. Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

88 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you