Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Custom Velocity Macros in Confluence Cloud

Elmar Schwarz September 11, 2017

Hello:

I would have the need to offer some very simple custom velocity macros in the Confluence Cloud. We are really talking about some very simple things. I have understood that this feature is not accessible in the cloud solution.

Is there a way to achieve this anyway - or is it just not possible?

Thanks in advance.

Elmar

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2017

Hi Elmar,

As you suspected, User Macros are a Restricted Function in Confluence Cloud and thus not possible.

If you can let us know what exactly you need Confluence to do we could help you perhaps find a 3rd party add-on that can help with this, or let you know if a feature request exists for that functionality.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Elmar Schwarz September 12, 2017

Hello Shannon,

Thanks you very much for your answer.

What we would need is a macro which lists all incoming links based on a label on the page; e.g. the pages in the space have the label "Label-1, "Label-2", "Label-3". These pages are referring to a certain page. On this very page I would like to automatically generate a list of links like:

Label-1:

• Page 1
  • Page 3

Label-2:

• Page 2
  • Page 6

Label-3:

• Page 5

... with links to the pages.

Regards,

Elmar

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2017

Hi Elmar,

Would this not be the same functionality as the Content by Label macro? With that macro, you can list a specific label and it shows all the content that uses that label.

If this isn't the functionality you are requiring, can you let us know how it would differ? 

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Elmar Schwarz September 13, 2017

Hi Shannon,

It looks like a good starting point; but it does not allow to filter the displayed pages by content, which is referring to the current page - does it? This is the key requirement. I want to see at a glance which pages of certain types refer to the current page.

If you would add this filter, we would be done.

Thanks and Regards,
Elmar

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2017

Elmar,

So let me make sure I have this clearly - you wish to display all pages that have a certain label AND mention a specific page? Is this correct?

There's not a way to do that specifically with the available filters, so I went ahead and created a feature request for it:

Have a look and if I'm missing anything there please do let me know.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Elmar Schwarz September 14, 2017

Hello Shannon,

Yes this is correct. A nice extension would be if I had an option to include pages which refer to one ot the children of the current page. But that would be rather a nice to have.

Regards,

Elmar

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 14, 2017

Thank you, Elmar. I've updated the request to reflect that.

Please make sure to vote and watch the request and update it with your business case. :) 

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events