Sharing a page

Ludo Nauws November 18, 2013

Hi

I am new to Confleunce and we making our first steps at out Company/

We made several spaces, one for each departement. Space restrictions are set that only people of a departement can view/edit the content of the space of their departement.

Is it possible to share one page of a departement space to a member of another departement?

cheers

Ludo

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 1, 2015

Hi @Ludo Nauws,

You can try Comala Share It. With this add-on you can share your pages and attachments with users without permission to access them, for example, with members of other departments. You generate a public link that can be shared (like in Dropbox), so you don't need to grant additional permissions.

Disclaimer: I work for Comalatech, the company behind Comala Share It.

Let us know what do you think!

Regards,

Gorka

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

Patrick,

I'm not sure about temporary URLs, that's new to me. You could also export the page to PDF or Word file and send it to them.

Cheers.

0 votes
Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

So to share a page to someone, that person has to be a member of that space?

There's no way to share a page to someone who is not a member of the space, e.g. with a temporary URL?

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2013
0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2013

Ludo,

Yes, you can do that via the permissions section of the Admin pages.

Add them as an individual user to the space, and then add them to the page itself.

That way they have access to the whole space, but are restricted to seeing only the pages they have been specifically added to.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events