Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sending out SMS

Dear All,

It is possible to send out SMS to the confluence users via a pluging when there is an update on a page or on a space?

How?

Cheers,

Selcuk

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

There's an outstanding feature request but there is no SMS plugin for Confluence

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-13672

however, if you wanted to do it for specific users you could change their email address to one that is sent to an SMS gateway and converts the email to an SMS and delivers it. If they also wanted to receive the email in their inbox, you would create an alias that sent it to both the reguar inbox & the sms gateway

This article should give you a few ideas to get started.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/email-to-sms/

Thank for the information Matthew. It is a long outstanding feature request.

I have checked the article that you sent. Unfortunately it is a really big problem to collect every users mobile numbers and providers and maintain the data as they may change the provider very often .

I am looking forward hearing about the new feature soon.

I don't have access so I cannot vote for the request.

Cheers,

Selcuk

I was seeking some information regarding this topic and finally found here. Thanks for sharing. Visit Our Website SMSala

0 votes

thanks for giving us information.

visit our website sms squad

0 votes
adam son I'm New Here Jul 12, 2021

i don't thing its full information,visit our website to get better information. SMS SQUAD

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🏑 Atlympic Event: Confluence

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

178 views 6 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you