Sending out SMS

Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

Dear All,

It is possible to send out SMS to the confluence users via a pluging when there is an update on a page or on a space?

How?

Cheers,

Selcuk

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

There's an outstanding feature request but there is no SMS plugin for Confluence

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-13672

however, if you wanted to do it for specific users you could change their email address to one that is sent to an SMS gateway and converts the email to an SMS and delivers it. If they also wanted to receive the email in their inbox, you would create an alias that sent it to both the reguar inbox & the sms gateway

This article should give you a few ideas to get started.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/email-to-sms/

Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2012

Thank for the information Matthew. It is a long outstanding feature request.

I have checked the article that you sent. Unfortunately it is a really big problem to collect every users mobile numbers and providers and maintain the data as they may change the provider very often .

I am looking forward hearing about the new feature soon.

I don't have access so I cannot vote for the request.

Cheers,

Selcuk

0 votes
adam son July 12, 2021

i don't thing its full information,visit our website to get better information. SMS SQUAD

0 votes
fazil mushtaq July 12, 2021

thanks for giving us information.

visit our website sms squad

0 votes
Neha Singh May 17, 2019

I was seeking some information regarding this topic and finally found here. Thanks for sharing. Visit Our Website SMSala

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events