Seems to be having issues starting Confluence :D

Seeker1437 October 11, 2019

First time setup and the application fails:

I have even waiting 5 minutes, this is the first time I have ever experienced this for a new deployment, this is the latest version 7.0.2 at the time of writing.

The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved from the container. Therefore very limited information is available in this error report.
The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set

Cause
com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)

caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
at com.atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext.getComponent(SpringContainerContext.java:48)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

Hi @Seeker1437 , 

did you check on the Supported Platforms page that you are using the correct versions for the JVM, Database etc ? It could be linked to this from your error log.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Seeker1437 October 11, 2019

I took a look I am using a supported platform in this case.

However I discovered that what issue was is that there was a file permission issue during install one or more the files couldn't be read.

When I completely wiped, corrected permissions, then started over, everything worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events