Searching question

Darren Walker November 14, 2012

If I enter a word that I know exists in a page from either the search on the desktop or from Dashboard \ Search screen I get no results. On the DashBoard \ Search screen I have All Spaces, All Content and All Dates but still no results.

If I search from the navigation left hand panel above the pages from within a Space, I get an extra bit in the search (ancestorIds:1048583 AND this) where 'this' is the word I'm looking for. It results results but what is the ancestorId why does it have to be visible?

Cheers,

Darren.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Hi Darren,

In short, the syntax "ancestorId" is a built-in function of the Confluence search that allows results to be limited to a particular page and its children. The PageTree search takes advantage of this underlying functionality and constructs a targeted search by adding the appropriate ancestorID to the list of search terms. The fact that this appears in the search terms field in the list of results is normal, so you shouldn't worry about it.

There's an improvement request being tracked that will make this more "user friendly".

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events