Searching Confluence V5 fail

Hello,

in the last couple of weeks we've upgraded to V5.4.3 (download). When we were using 4.3, I could search on 'jpg', filter the results by Attachment and would get several hundred results.

Now when I do this I get at most 174 results - why is this different?

FYI, I seach a specific space, then all spaces, then all spaces plus the archive space.

I get the same results (ie, very few) whether I'm seaching on 'graphics' 'jpg' 'jpgs' or 'png'.

I can't see why upgrading would make any difference, but I know there's something like 800 graphics an yet I can't find even 20% of them, which is very frustrating.

Cheers.

1 answer

@Atlassian- FYI it took me five goes to save this question.

The problem was with the labels. I initially used too many characters, or so I thought. Even though I reduced them to the max limit, the page would no longer save; even when I reduced it to just 'confluence search v5' it still wouldn't save.

However, when I removed the 'v5' label, it saved. I know realise that your character limit means that we can't add a label of less than three characters, and not that the whole label section has a minimum of three chars and a max of 46.

Can you please correct your documentation on this so it is clear.

Also, assuming I'm right, having a limit of three chars means I can't add v5, which is what I want to do. Can this limit be changed?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,037 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you