Search and Replace User Mention

Dear Support

We are testing your plugin at the moment and expierencing the following Problem.

We want to search and replace user mentions but are not able to do so.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Adrian Giger

3 answers

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Nov 14, 2016

I don't know too much about the search and replace plugin (I am not affiliated with them in any way), but as far as I know, it searches through the storage format. User mentions are not saved in the normal way, but as a special link. What I would recommend is to create a temporary page with the user mention you want to change from on one line and the user mention you want to change to on the next line. Save the page, and then click on the more options menu (•••) and choose "View Storage Format". You will see something like this:

<ac:link><ri:user ri:userkey="2c96803b46423c130145805c6d2602d1" /></ac:link>

This is what you need to search and replace in the plugin to be able to change a user mention. Enter the code copied from the top line on the temporary page in the search box and replace with code copied from the bottom line on that temporary page and it will probably work (copy the text only from <ac:link> to </ac:link>).

Isn't there an other possibility to replace all the "userkey's" over the whole space?

I am also looking for a possibility to search and replace user mentions.

Hello Adria, hello Marco.

@Stephen Deutsch's Answer is correct. Do you need any further assistance?

Of course you can just search for the user key it self as well. Have a look at our documentation as well!

Best,

Lukas

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked May 24, 2018 in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

605 views 18 16
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you