Saving fails after choosing an older revision

roman_baeriswyl December 1, 2015

Hi

I had following scenario: Page Rev. 2 / Drawing Rev. 1

I then edited the Drawing which lead to Drawing Rev. 2 and did not save the Page (discarded it). So the Page still pointed to the Drawing Rev. 1. Unfortunately, I do not see a way to choose the Revision of a Drawing a page should display. So I tried to go back into the drawing (with edit) and it was still like Rev 1. So i switched to Rev 2. to get back my recent changes and wanted to save it. I then got the error "Saving failed". All I can do is edit the Revision 1 again to get a new revision and not to forget to save the page. Is there any fix for this planned? Additionally, is there any way to choose the Revision of a drawing that should be displayed for a page? That would have fixed that issue.

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2015

We're investigating the issue but we need a couple of things from you :

• Confluence version
  • draw.io plugin version
  • browser version 
  • browser console output and server logs (if possible)

Can you repeat the issue every time or is it just specific to that one diagram?

Currently, we don't allow manually setting diagram revisions but it's a feature we might implement if there's enough demand.

roman_baeriswyl December 1, 2015

Confluence 5.9.1

draw.io 5.2.2.0 (Trial, first installation)

Chrome  46.0.2490.86 m

In the browser console I get  http://xxx:8090/rest/drawio/1.0/diagram/crud/Untitled%20Diagram/786437 500 (Internal Server Error). What is strange to me is that it's called "Untitled Diagram", because I gave it a name. I possibly renamed it, maybe that can lead to issues? What server logs would help you?

I tried to reproduce it with a new drawing but there it worked correctly. But I can still reproduce it with this existing drawing.

Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2015

Renaming the attachment is not the part of the normal workflow. The macro on your confluence page references the attachment by its name. Renaming the attachment would make it impossible to reference it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events