Rest-api: Basic Auth suddenly throws Unauthorized (401) at me

Mikael Ollhage March 24, 2021

Hi,
I am currently working on a service that's going to back-up some pages from a specific space. 

During the development stage I have hard coded my own credentials in the service, so they have been untouched from day 1. About 1 hour ago all my requests, that previously have been working, now gives me 401.

Postman, which also worked at least yesterday, gets the same treatment.

Can I have done something to upset the API? In that case I would very much like to apologize to the API for my poor behavior, and also ask if there is a chance that we could restart our previously good relationship? 

Best Regards,

Mikael Ollhage

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Dear @Mikael Ollhage ,

welcome to the community.

Have you tried to login with the browser? Is your account still valid? Was it locked? When the account is from AD (LDAP) it could have expired.

So long

Thomas

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Dear @Mikael Ollhage ,

was my answer useful? Then I would be happy when you click on the "green accept answer" button.

So long
Thomas

Mikael Ollhage May 10, 2021

Sorry about that.

Yes, it was me being an idiot. It was in my efforts to produce different errors that I changed the password once, but since have a "retry all external communications 3 times before giving up"-parameter my account got locked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events