Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request access to restricted page: order in which users get mail to grant access

IT Service Desk May 10, 2021

Dear,

I'm having difficulties understanding in which order people are getting mails to grant users access to restricted pages.

The situation is as follow:

I'm a Confluence admin and so I'm a member of the Confluence-Administrator group who has full rights on the space.

There is a user(let's call him user x) which has the space restriction right, can view and edit the restricted space and has done numerous contributions to that restricted page. A colleague of him is requesting access to that restricted space and I'm the only one who is getting the email. I would think that the email, at first, would go to person x and not to my self. I also find it weird that the email is only send to myself and not to the other space admins. Could someone explain to me how the order works?

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Michael 

2 answers

0 votes
IT Service Desk May 17, 2021

Faultly posted

0 votes
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

Hi @IT Service Desk,

According to the documentation Confluence will send an email to up to 5 people who are most likely to be able to grant access, in the following order:

1. people who have contributed to the page in the past, can see the page and have 'Restrict' or 'Admin' space permission (sorted by last edit date)
  2. space administrators who can see the page (sorted alphabetically).

This means that the request should be actioned quickly, as it prioritizes the people who have been interacting with the page most recently. There's no follow up email if none of the 5 people respond, the user will need to contact a space administrator directly to ask for access.

____

When was the last time "user x" made changes to the page? Has he/she the right to restrict pages? What are the e-mail settings from "user x"?

As a Confluence admin you'll always receive an e-mail. The only thing you should take a closer look into is why "user x" has not received an e-mail.

Best,
Svenja

IT Service Desk May 17, 2021

User x last contribution to the page was 2020/09/17 Confluene_Contribution.png

The user is part of an AD group which have the restrictions rights:

Confluence rights.png

The email adres of that user is filled in:
Confluence user.png

But he doesn't get an email when somebody requests access to that page. I've read the documentation and as far as I can see, he meets al the criteria to request access to that page and so, to receive that email.

Kind Regards,

Michael

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events