Reporting of pages using Table Excerpt Include

preeti arun December 14, 2020

Hi Team,

We are maintaining our master tables under Table Excerpt and referencing those on other pages through Table Excerpt Include and wrapping it inside Table Transformer.

We are looking for macro/functionality which can list pages that reference the master table and  If we make a change there - it would be good to know what needs to be updated to the table which is inside the table transformer macro.

The manual way would be to maintain a list of the pages that reference the master table?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2020

Hi @preeti arun ,

You may type the following query into your Confluence search:

macroName:table-excerpt-include AND text~"Master page name" AND text~"Excerpt name"

Here the Master page name is the name of the page where your master table is located, the Excerpt name is the name of your Table Excerpt macro.

As a result, you'll get a list of all the pages where you use Table Excerpt Include macros from the specific master table.

preeti arun December 18, 2020

Thanks a lot @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}  its helpful.

Like # people like this
Marcin Krówka May 19, 2022

Hello @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} , I'm struggling to get the list of pages which are using table-excerpt-include.

In my case, given:

• Master page "Global list" contains Table Excerpt macro with name=FooBar
  • In several pages I'm using Table Excerpt Include macro with Excerpt Name "FooBar" and Page title "Global list"

When:

• on Global list page, using Search Results macro with Search Terms:
  • macroName:table-excerpt-include AND text~"Global list" AND text~"FooBar"

Then:

• List is not returning several pages where Table Excerpt was used .

Is there something I should correct?

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2022

Seems that everything is correct. 

The Search Results macro is not available for new Confluence versions, but as far as I know there was a field to set the maximum number of results - maybe you have too many pages to be listed? Try the search field in the upper right corner of the page instead.

Here is Atlassian Documentation how to search for different macros, labels, text abstracts, etc. for your reference.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events