Remove "Pages" from breadcrumbs

Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

Is there a setting to remove the link "Pages" in the breadcrumbs? I don't want the page directory to be part of the breadcrumbs. I know how to do it with css but I'm wondering if there's already an option to do it through the space settings or admin console.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2014

Hi Sean,

As far as I know, there is no option in Confluence which allow you to hide certain breadcrumbs. The best workaround is to hide the breadcrumbs using CSS.

Regards,

Jing Hwa

CynthiaD October 25, 2016

How would you hide just "Pages" using CSS?

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2016

Hi Cynthia,

#main-header:not(.doctheme-no-override) #breadcrumb-section #breadcrumbs li.first {display: none}

works with Confluence 5.9.4 and global theme.

Cheers,
Kirstin

Like jzpx likes this
0 votes
Nancy Jaiswal November 10, 2017

our plugin Space Hierarchy & Breadcrumbs does not provide the flexibility to customize the breadcrumbs but it shows breadcrumbs only up to space and not to the page. It also provides flexibility of creating hierarchy of spaces as per requirement and breadcrumbs follow the space hierarchy created.

0 votes
Brandy Bob Urbany February 19, 2015

Related, is there a way to rename the word "Pages" to something more descriptive?

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2014

Well, the other workaround is to customize them if you have access to the VMs and/or decorators. For example, I customized ours by editing the breadcrumbs.vm file. Blogged about it here: http://www.confluenza.com/2013/01/31/simplify-confluence-breadcrumbs/

hth,

matt

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2016

Hi @Matthew J. Horn ,

This page no longer exists; could you post here some insights?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events