Remove anonymous space from main page

Daniel Hilgarth March 13, 2015

I have a space with anonymous access to be able to easily share the pages in this space with people without having to force an account on them.

However, I don't want this space to be visible on the dashboard that is shown to users that are not logged in. Also, the pages in this space shouldn't appear in the activity stream.

How can I achieve this?

If this is not possible, I would also be happy with a solution that would allow me to share pages of a space with external people without having to give the space anonymous access.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2015

You can't do this.  If you need to restrict view of something to a subset of people, then there is an absolute logical requirement that you can identify that subset of people to differentiate them from the wider audience.

Without that information, all you can do is say "everyone can see it" or "no-one can see it", because you can't form a rule for who should see it.

That's it.  You need to decide whether you want to allow anonymous to see all of it, or nothing.

(One ugly workaround - disallow anonymous and then scrape selected bits of it into a system that is visible to anonymous users)

Daniel Hilgarth March 13, 2015

You correctly realized that I don't actually want to have anonymous access. What I want is one off sharing to select people. This could be done via specific URLs that I send only those people I want to share the page with. And in fact, it looks like there is a plugin for this: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keinoby.confluence.plugins.share-attachments I am just going to use that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2015

Yes, that's a good way of doing the "scrape" effectively.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events