Reference content on another page

I know about the SQL plugins that allow Confluence to display info from a database.

Does anyone know of a plugin or other feature that would allow Confluence to similarly display info from another Confluence page, for example a table in a Confluence page? The idea would be to have a Confluence page storing table-like information, then to display some of that info, perhaps summarized or otherwise altered, on another Confluence page.

I guess the question maybe comes down to whether info in Confluence pages, especially tables, can be individually referenced, or only at the full-page level.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes

Have you tried

• the "include" macro (does a whole page include, which can be brilliant if you split up your tables and text into very small pages to be reused many times)
  • the "excerpt" macro (you tag part of a page, then say "include excerpt from page x" on another page to pull the tagged bit in)
  • the "multi-excerpt" macro (as excerpt, but allows you to put more than one tag on a single page)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

830 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you