Recover confluence-user group

Hello,

unfortunately, I accidantally deleted the confluence-users system group.

How can I restore it. I have admin rights and can do any action in database.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hello,

There is no way to restore it, you basically have to recreate it. You should be able to re-create confluence-users manually from General Configuration > Groups > add group, then you just need to add all users back to it. Any newly created users will automatically be added to this group. 

Regards,

Igor

Thank you for the answer. Is it really enough to create system group with UI? Won't I miss some bindings to system objects, permissions etc.?

Thanks.

Ivan,

You'll want to check the Global Permissions and Default Space Permissions in case you have to add the group back to that.

Generally individual page restrictions would need to be updated again but since confluence-users is a default group you shouldn't have any restrictions that include that group.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Thanks guys.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

106 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you