Recover Confluence from server crash

gaurav.trivedi November 17, 2019

Hello Support, 

Our confluence server was crashed, We are able to recover installation files from old server and restored into new server but unable to start confluence successfully. 

Is there any specific steps we should follow to restore confluence from old files? 

Regards

Gaurav Trivedi

1 answer

1 vote
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2019

@gaurav.trivedi , are you getting any type of error either on-screen or in the log files?

Initially when i tried to start the service, it was throwing an error as "the servicename is invalid". 

Later i tried to register service as "service.bat install Confluence310817162630" and attempted to start service, it is now saying "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied" 

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2019

are the permissions on your new server setup correctly?

Thank you Peter, 

I ran service as "Run as administrator" it did solve the earlier error, However it is giving below error now. I did google and verified that JAVA Home is configured correctly. 

[error] [ 6612] Failed creating java
[error] [ 6612] ServiceStart returned 1

Thanks & Regards
Gaurav 

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2019

Are you pointing to the correct version of Java 32-bit vs. 64-bit?

Hi @Peter DeWitt 

thank you for feedback.

I did tried to uninstall and install version which i had before. 

In old server files i see that below folder had java.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_144\

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events