Query page table in search result

Paul Craven November 28, 2017

Hello,

We are new to Confluence and would like to know how we can query a table on a page to show only the records from the table that match a certain criteria.

For example, I have attached an image that shows a simple table where we would like to show in a search or report the rows only that the "system team" = "Warehouse Staff".

Also, could this be done against many pages based on the same user template?

confluence table query sample.png

2 answers

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

I see two possible solutions for filtering tables on multiple pages:

1. You can create a page template with Table Filter macro with predefined filters and a sample table to fill in. Then users can create such pages with filters.
  2. You can create one page with Table Filter macro and a number of Page Include macros (or Excerpt Include macros) which will include all the tables you want to filter.
Paul Craven December 11, 2017

Thanks Andrey, I will pass this onto our developer to test.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

There's a couple of apps you can use to filter tables:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stiltsoft.confluence.plugin.tablefilter.tablefilter/cloud/overview - for Cloud and Server, paid

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.mute.confluence.plugins.xTables/server/overview - for Server, free

As far as doing it against multiple pages, I'm not sure if that would be possible.

Paul Craven December 11, 2017

Thanks Stephen, I will contact StilSoft to check if they can assist.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events