cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull down menu in Confluence?

David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Create a Page from a Template

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-a-page-from-a-template-296093793.html

This page contains an image showing a Confluence Template including a pull-down menu.

How do I add one? I only found SPAM for expensive plugins so far.

Please do not reply with an attempt to sell a plugin. I assume there MUST be a free way of getting these, since it's in the official documentation.

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2016

Here are the steps to insert a dropdown in a template:

When editing the template, move the cursor to the spot that you want the dropdown, type $ and then type the variable name that you want to use, and press Enter.

After that, click on the template variable you just created, and a pop-up menu will appear.  Choose the "List" button, then type the options you want separated by a comma (i.e. one,two,three). Click somewhere outside of the pop-up box to close the pop-up, then save the template page.

Now if you create a page from the template, it will ask you when you add a page to choose the option from the dropdown menu.  However, please be aware that the option that was chosen will now show up in your page only as text.

Confluence only lets you choose this value once; it does not keep the dropdown in the page so that you can change it later.  If you want a persistent dropdown in your page, the only way I know of is to install a plugin like ConfiForms (or others), or you can use this user macro that I created:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32513472

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2016

That is showing the List variable that is only available when creating template; it's not available as a macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events