Problems with office powerpoint macro

Deleted user September 6, 2019

confluence-ppt-macro.png

Hi,

I have problems with the ppt-macro. I have attached the ppt to the page. Filled in all fields in the macro-settings. Get an error in the browser console when clicking Insert: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getCurrentTitle' of undefined". See screenshot. 

BR,

Anders

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user September 9, 2019

Hi,

thanks for answering! :)

Is this sufficient info for you?confluence_version.png

All the best,

Anders

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2019

Hello Anders,

Thanks for finding this issue and taking the time to record the error within the developer tools of your browser. We would like to see if we’re able to recreate the issue, in doing so we will need additional information from you. 

• What version of Confluence are you currently running?
  • Do you have any apps within your Confluence instance?

We look forward to hearing back so we may attempt to recreate this issue.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2019

Hello Anders,

Thanks for providing the screenshot. From reviewing your error, steps, and testing within Confluence cloud on a few different instances I was able to re-create the issue. Seems the issue is caused when you reference a page where the powerpoint file is located. If the page referenced is the page itself or any other page not containing the attachment this error will be thrown.

I would be interested if you can please test again and when doing so leave the “Page Name” section blank and see if the error is thrown.

We look forward to hearing back to see if this helps avoid the issue, along with evaluating if a bug needs to be created for this.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events