I have upgraded confluence 3.2 to 4.3.7, via Confluence 3.5, everything looks find, apart from the card/deck macro. I do know that there is a big problem when migrating with nested deck cards.
If a nested card/deck macro is upgraded, it results into a null pointer exception. The autor of the plugin (CustomWare) does not have a workable solution for it, other than upgrading every page by hand, which is undoable for our instance.
I have tried to use Bob Swift's Wiki Plugin, to encapsulate the ``old'' wiki markup, which also does not help.
So, is there anybody with a best practice/workaround approach for this problem, other than manipulating every page by hand?
Any help would be highly appriciated.
We experienced this issue also. Sadly the only solution for the time being is to manually fix the page. The nice thing is that you can use the Insert Wikimarkup link to place batches of content at a time. What I did for some of the highly nested pages is first built all the decks and cards so they were correctly structured and then went through and copy pasted the wiki markup into each card using "Insert Wiki Markup". We kept an old version of the environment pre-upgrade just in case which came in handy as it allowed me to have the same content in wiki markup.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs