It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Problem with export to Word

Hello!

I have problem with images during export to Word. When I export my page from Confluence to Word a great part of images cannot be viewed so I had to copy images from Confluence. It is waste a lot of my work time so maybe faced with this problem and can help me? 

I try to edit image's formatting, but it cannot solve the problem. There is screenshot of broken images:

Screenshot_1.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek Community Leader Nov 19, 2019

Hi @Olga_Alekseeva ,

How many images you have? I know there is a limit of 50 when exporting to prevent performance problems.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-34211

If this is not the case.. then you need to provide more information. When this situation started? Was it working in the past? Which version of Confluence do you have? Did you tried on a different browsers? Is this also happening for someone else in same location that you are?

I don't know about this limit. Yes, my doc have much more than 50 images. I think this limit causes my problem. Thank you! 

@Mirekor anybody else who has been playing around with the Word export ;-)

I have three problems and/or questions:

1. When I export a big document with more than 50 images to Word, no image at all is included in the exported Word.
  2. The error message for all these missing images reads "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location."
    When checking the correct image path by opening Files > Info > Edit Links to Files and having a look at "Source in file" I can see that the supposedly correct path would be something like "C:\attach_66dbdfdsafhdlgdfjsgsdfjgjl46sdfjsdflsdfljdfas".
  3. When I export a smaller document, there are images in the exported Word but they are distorted (the height/width ratio is erratically changed to 100%/42%)

My settings:
I am using Confluence version
The way my bigger documents are build up is that I have numerous pages that I include in one main "mother" document with the page include macro. For the Word export I then use that "mother" document and Tools > Export to Word.

My questions:
Any idea...

• ..why there are no images at all in scenario 1 and not at least the first 50 ones?
  • ...why the not-displaying of images creates such strange and unusable results as in scenario 2.
    What I was instead hoping for, is to find at least proper image paths that correspond to the real image names and then manually relink them afterwards so that they are correctly linked again and will display.
    How could I create Word exports where that is the case: Having broken images, but with image paths that can be repaired?
  • ...why are images distorted in scenario 3?

My goal is to get Word exports that fulfill to things:

1. include images of the original document
  2. preserve the headline structure of the original document.

With the Word export as it is, I get 2, but not 1.

What I also tried was saving the whole document as html file with File > Save as... from the browser menu. In this case I get 1, but not 2 (the headlines are hard coded but don't use the proper formats).

Here, I am open for other ideas ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you