confluence is not able to create a preview, if the file (eg. excel-file - 4,5 Mbyte) is too great. Smaller files are possible.
How can i increase the preview size?
Or is it a limitation of databaase?
Thanks and best regards,
Hello there, @reinhard_rossmy_polizei_bayern_de ! Great to have you share with our community.
As I understand, your instance is having trouble to create previews of excel files that exceed a certain size. There are a few things that we could try! Here we go:
- Copy the file and rename it. Check if uploading the copied version yields any different results.
- If the copy yields the same results, try reducing the number of rows in the table. The number should match one of the tables that actually generate a preview in Confluence
- Try another browser
- Try the current browser’s incognito mode
I would like to ask you a few questions for clarification, Reinhard. Would that work for you? Here are my questions:
- Is this affecting other types of files as well? If yes, which types?
- Are there any errors thrown when you try to preview the excel file?
- What exactly displays when you try to use the attachment preview?
- Is the affected file (or files) of the .xls or .xlsx type (or both)?
Let us hear from you, Reinhard! Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events