It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Power Point Macro not loading files to show.

Michael P I'm New Here Dec 18, 2019

I am trying to place a Power Point .pptx file on my wiki with the Power Point Macro.

I can load the .pptx file into the wiki page.

Then, I can insert the Power Point Macro, but when I try to select the file for the macro, there are not files in the drop-down list and that is where I stop.

This has worked in other wiki pages, but not this one.

I wan´t to know why I can not see the inserted files in the Macro and use them.

I am not an Admin, could that be the reason?

1 answer

0 votes
Davin_Studer Community Leader Dec 18, 2019

If you are a page editor you should be able to select the PowerPoint attachment. It doesn't have anything to do with admin privileges. I would first do a double check in the attachments section of the page a just make sure that the PowerPoint file is indeed attached to the page. Another possibility could be that if the content indexer is backed up you may not see the option in the drop down right away, but if you come back to the page a little late it might show up. If neither of those are the case you could try removing the attachment from the page and re-adding it. Possibly something is corrupt with the index. Failing all of that a re-build of the index may be necessary (but that is a last resort ... it can take a very long time to do depending up on the size of your instance).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

306 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you