Placement of macros on pages

Jake Lown December 18, 2014

Is there a way to specify where a macro will show up on a page? I am trying to find a way to have a macro appear on the right side of a page, however it keeps defaulting to the left side of the page. Is there a way to specify that I want this macro to show up on another side of the page?

5 answers

1 vote
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2014

Assuming this is a macro that displays something specific (like a chart macro or the like) there are a couple of ways you can do it.

1. Select the macro and click the "right justify" button. The macro will move to the right side.
  2. If you want something else on the LEFT side of the page:
    1. Create a section (just use the { section } shortcut for speed
    2. Create a column and set the percentage you want for the left hand side content
    3. Create a second column with the percentage of page width you want it to be. Put your macro in this column.

0 votes
Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2014

One way would be to create a user template with the macro placed wherever needed and then create pages out of that template. That way, its guaranteed that the macro will stay only at the place given to it in the template.

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2014

Jake,

I just tried it. The only way I could make it work was with option "2" above. I arbitrarily made a section, then a column at 70% width and a subsequent 30% width column. I put the livesearch macro in the 30%. Not elegant and not strictly forced fully to the right side but is right side-ish. YMMV 

It did NOT work to select the macro and right justify it. Dang it.

Jake Lown December 19, 2014

Thanks Mike, I'll give that a shot and see if I can mess around with that method a little more. Who knows, maybe we can figure this out!

0 votes
Jake Lown December 18, 2014

I'm using the LiveSearch macro

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2014

Which macro?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events