Personal mentioning doesn`t work

Andrea Lang September 4, 2019

Hello dear team,

unfortunately I can't mention other users and I can't be mentioned by others either. Could you please check why mentioning doesn't work although I have an active account?

Thanks very much in advance

Andrea Lang

2 answers

0 votes
John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2019

@Andrea Lang - A user in my Confluence Cloud instance reported this as a new problem today - it has worked in the past.  Was it working for you before?  We had two symptoms:

1) User can't mention others.  In that case, I *can* if I impersonate the user, so I'm havin gher trying clearing cache/incognito window.

2) No one can mention her.  This is a mystery - she's active and has permissions but her name doesn't show up in the suggestions any more.  We are going to submit an Atlassian case.

0 votes
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

Hi @Andrea Lang to mention people in Confluence they need to have access to Confluence (a user) and have an license attributed (e.g. be in confluence-users group).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events