Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Privacy - could not block admin for calendar, page, meeting notes

Ronnie Tam June 15, 2014

I find that meeting notes, calendar, page have the problem that admin could not be blocked even I set the view and edit restriction. It is the personal privacy issue. Please help to fix it.

2 answers

0 votes
Ronnie Tam June 15, 2014

There is a plug-in called Security and Encryption. Is it a way to block system admin viewing / editing contents?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2014

What are you trying to do here? And in what product?

Ronnie Tam June 15, 2014

Confluence

Ronnie Tam June 15, 2014

For example, I have added a calendar event read by me only. I have set the restriction but system admin can still search out that event.

Is there any way to block system admin viewing/editing contents?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2014

Ah, I see.

No, you need to trust your administrators.

Ronnie Tam June 15, 2014

System admin/ Confluence admin / Space admin can see all page contents, am i right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2014

Not exactly. They can't necessarily read a page if it is restricted. But they can see that it is there in the space, and they can un-protect it.

Same goes for plugins - you could use a security type plugin to hide pages from admins. But there's nothing to stop an admin reconfiguring or removing the plugin.

Ronnie Tam June 15, 2014

Here are my findings:

Space Admin can remove the restriction, then he/she can view/edit the page

Confluence Admin can set himself/herself as a Space Admin, then he/she can also view/edit the page

We cannot block System Admin to view/edit:

->Calendar

->Personal Space

->Page

->Meeting notes

We cannot block Space Admin/Confluence Admin to view/edit:

->Page

->Meeting notes

Am i right? Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2014

That's more detail than I can remember without checking, but yes, it's what I'd expect. You need to trust your admins.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events