Permissions Error on Confluence Check boxes

Within the last 30 minutes (2:50pm on 8/10/2017), users are not able to place a check into a checkbox on a Confluence page. I have the same issue as an Admin, and page permissions show that the users should have this permission. the specific error message is:

Oops! You can't update this task because you are not allowed to edit the page it appears on.

Please help!!

Thanks

Jason

2 answers

0 vote
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Aug 11, 2017

The permissions might be set correctly, but is it possible that someone put in a Page Restriction? (i.e. limiting editing to specific people)

If there is a red lock on the page, then the page is restricted and you can click on the lock to see which restrictions are in place.

So this morning the issue is resolved. Yes I do have page restrictions, and those with View/Edit permissions were receiving the error. The only thing I did this morning was refresh my page and everything was working correctly again. I'm assuming this was something on Atlassian's end for their Confluence Cloud product.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

495 views 19 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you