Panel macro options

Janet Shuey November 21, 2022

I want to modify the panel macro, but I don't see where to do that.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Janet Shuey December 6, 2022

Hi @Trudy Claspill and thanks for asking. I want to change the icon in the "note" macro, and possibly the color of the background. When I click to insert the Note macro I see this:

Note.png

and when I try to edit it, I see this:

Note2.png

There's no way to change the icon or the color.

Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2022

Hello @Janet Shuey ,

as far as I know, it is not possible to replace the icon and change colors on the note panel within the macro when using Confluence Server/Data Center. 

Third-party apps for example Advanced Panelboxes allow you to define colors and set the desired icons for your panels.

Best regards

Mattia

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2022

Hello @Janet Shuey 

Welcome to the community.

Are you using Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server/Data Center?

What modifications are you trying to make to the panel macro? 

Can you share a screen image of what you see?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Hello @Janet Shuey 

Are you using Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server/Data Center?

If your URL is similar to https://<something>.atlassian.net , then you are using Confluence Cloud.

I believe in either case the built-in panel macros don't give you the option to change the color or icon, but I believe there are multiple panel macros available that have different icon/color combinations.

It is also possible that you are using a third party app that has provided those panels. In that case we would need to know which third party app and you would need to contact the vendor of that app.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events