Pages - Add a button that when pressed moves the page to another defined location in the space

Catheren Beaton June 9, 2016

Hi

Is there any possibility to put a bottom on the page that when pressed will transfer/perform the move function to another defined location in the same space.  Kinda doing an archiving mechanism.

thanks

C

7 answers

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

Maybe a page action (like copy and move) would integrate better? You can control when an action is actually shown.

Here is a tutorial: Adding a Custom Action to Confluence.

Just a thought ...

Thanks Robert, I'll try that out smile

0 votes

Hi,

So for example I have a space and created a welcome page and within it I have project page that contains child pages and in that project page I have ArchiveDirectory page (this page has a table of content, child page search of other archived pages).

Under project page I have a how to page which I want to archive off. In that how to page there is an button that once pressed will:

a. Move the page to the ArchiveDirectory and

b. Optionally but the word archive on the page title name or url.

There will be a second button to do the reverse, to move the file back from ArchiveDirectory to project page. 

so essentially I'm trying to create buttons with both the move page functionally and rename functionality and if possible code to update a field with a date when archive and unarchived.

is there a way to do this?

thanks all in advance

C

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

If this functionality was created, how would a page know what space to go to for archival? How would the page know how to return to the previous location? What if the previous location didn't exist or pages had been restructured?

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

I really don't think you want to put a bottom on the page. smile

0 votes

Hi

I am self-hosting confluence.  If there are any tutorials on how to do this, that would be appreciated as I am trying to add a kind of archive/unarchive mechanism so we move a page to archive space and back

thanks

C

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

Sure you could add this, but it needs to be added as a customization or add-on.

Can you detail whether or not you are on Confluence Cloud or if you are self-hosting Confluence?

0 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

Hi Catheren,

You can use a workaround.

1. Put a image button
  2. Create a hyperlink to other page or next page
  3. And it's done.

Like this:

CT_NEXT_BUTTON-2.png

Regards,

Lameck.

Hi Lameck

Thanks for the suggestion, but we want the page to be renamed with archive at the end of the pagename and then moved to the new location as archive and then a button to do the reverse.

thanks

C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events