Page reordering does not persist

Julie Boothman March 17, 2021

I've tried several times to reorder pages in a space for which I have Admin permissions, and the reordering doesn't persist, or "stick." I've tried reordering using Edge and Chrome browsers and have asked for help from a local Confluence admin, but nothing works.

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Julie Boothman 

What do you mean by "doesn't persist or stick"?

When you drag'n'drop the pages, does it look correct and after a reload it's back again, or is it after the drag'n'drop directly back again? 

Regards, Dominic

Julie Boothman March 18, 2021

When I drag'n'drop the pages, it looks correct, but after a reload it's back again

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

So then something with the permissions could be wrong. Please check following page:

To move a page, you need the following permissions:

• 'Add' permission on the page you're moving, and
  • 'View' permission on the page's parent page. If you're moving the page to a different parent, you need 'View' permission on the new parent.

To move a page into a different space, you also need:

• 'Delete' permission on the space you're moving from, and
  • 'Add' permission on the space you're moving to.

If the page has restrictions, and you want to keep the page restrictions in the new location, you'll also need 'Restrict' permission on the space you're moving to. Alternatively, remove the page restrictions before performing the move.

Let me know if this helped

mariah_edwards
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 17, 2024

Hi, 

I am currently having this same issue - as soon as I reload my page, the page reverts to its previous order. I am moving within the same space, just trying to amend the order of child pages. I have permissions to view and edit all the pages and I am using the new editor. Can you please advise? The guide you provided has not helped. 

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events